Sunday, January 22, 2017

BOOK SPECIAL ....Books These Successful Executives Say Inspired Them the Most (17 to 23 )

Books These Successful Executives Say Inspired Them the Most (17 to 23)

17. and 18. "Life's Four Agreements" by don Miguel Ruiz and "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne
"Both have changed the way I view life and have helped me to be stronger, independent and to always look at the glass half full. Incorporating the lessons that both books have taught me have changed who I am personally and professionally." 
--Robyn Santiago, CEO of Illumination PR and owner of Villagio's Italiano restaurant
19. "From Dust to Diamonds: How Small Entrepreneurs Can Grow and Prosper in any Economy" by David Oreck 
"For quite a few decades, David Oreck has been successfully marketing products to Americans and has mastered the art. He has taken startup companies and turned them into a well-known and trusted brands. This book inspired me to keep pushing even when things get tough, running a business of your own can be extremely difficult and challenging, so it never hurts to hear people such as David Oreck had to overcome challenges, as well... Oreck stresses [that] customers don't want to be sold, they want value." 
--Layna Friedman, owner of jewelry company Alan Friedman Company
20. "Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer" by Margot Morrell 
"As a leader myself, I am more than inspired by the adversity Shackleton and his team faced and overcame. This book taught me that in order to achieve what you want in life you must trust your instinct, overcome obstacles, and prevail." 
--Chris Suarez, CEO of LifeCell Skincare
21. "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein"
[It] was one of the first books I ever received. Like the Princess Cupcake Jones books I write, it has a rhythmic tone. While I didn't know it at the time, this book set the foundation for my writing style later in life." 
--Ylleya Fields, author and creator of Princess Cupcake Jones.
22. "100 Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
"It's the story of the rise and fall of a town called Macondo, and of a family that lived there for many generations. There are incredibly rich characters and storylines, more than a few tragedies and ultimately a page-turning dramatic ending. It inspired me because it's similar to the technology business: Full of rich chapters and plot twists that seem to rise and fall every 100 weeks." 
--Al Campa, CMO of mobile app insights and analytics provider App Annie
23. "David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants" by Malcolm Gladwell 
"[I]t taught me the power of ingenuity and innovation. Gladwell makes an incredibly powerful case that entrepreneurs and startups will only beat the incumbents--Goliaths--by completely reframing the competitive landscape to one's advantage via innovation." 
--Sergio Monsalve, partner at Norwest Venture Partners.

No comments: