Wednesday, September 28, 2016

ENTREPRENEUR SPECIAL ....FOUNDER who failed, learned, and got back up on feet 3. UDIT SARAN

FOUNDER who failed, learned, and got back up on  feet
3. UDIT SARAN
'No driving, I'm going to be navigator for a while'

Udit Saran started EatOnGo in February 2015 with Taru Raah Agrawal to provide breakfast and brunch options to people in Bengaluru. They closed a round of funding in January 2016, but the money never reached the bank. Within 45 days, the company was out of cash and they had to shut shop. Saran has now joined an FMCG company, Fizzy Food Labs, as business head.

"When our investor backed out at the last minute, we tried to reach out to others but it was a bad time for food tech companies with funding slowing down. The most painful moment was letting our 30 employees go. We had to cancel offer letters. Founders might just get by but it is employees who suffer the most. I took a 15-day break and went on a trek to get my mind off things. I was broken, personally and financially. I started cycling to reduce my stress levels. Gurgaon-based meal-kit startup Innerchef was looking to enter Bengaluru and acquired EatOnGo in July. I've taken a regular job now. I don't want to drive for some time. I'm happy being the navigator. I will definitely venture out soon but for now, this is my break."
Shalina PillaiAnand J&Ranjani Ayyar  |  TNN  

No comments: