Sunday, June 21, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL............. INDIA'S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER Nos.7 TO 9

INDIA'S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER  
Nos.7 TO 9

7.Amisha Jain, 38


COO ­ Product Merchandising and Brand Management, Arvind Internet
Education: INSEAD (MBA); University of Texas Austin (MS Electrical Engineering); MS University (BE Electronics Engineering)
Previous Jobs: Nike India, McKinsey & Company, Motorola Inc.
Claim to fame: The launch of Nike's House of Cricket and House of Football retail concept in an MBO environment
Best advice anybody gave me: Remember you are in the Race of One -You strive to be better than yourself, others don't matter, my husband
How I unwind: With a book on my patio
Success to me is: Not about delivering against a vision or goal -that is a given. Real success is when every member of the team has delivered their best while working towards a goal and learned and grown along the way.
My favourite people: My mother.
What did I want to be when I was 20 years old: I wanted to end up at NASA in space research! Thanks to my husband part of that dream is fulfilled and I own a telescope now
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Would like to find a way to spend more time on my personal interests
My favourite sport: Roller blading (if we can call it a sport?)
ETCD19JUN15


8.Amit Agarwal, 40


Vice President & Country Manager, Amazon India
Education: B.Tech Computer Science, IIT Kanpur; Masters Computer Science, Stanford University
Previous Jobs: 16 years at Amazon
Claim to fame: Made Amazon.in the largest online store in India within a year of its launch
Best advice anybody gave me: Your character is reflected not in the gifts you're endowed with but by the choices you make over the course of a lifetime, Jeff Bezos and my father
Success to me is: About feeling happy.
My favourite people: My father for his humility, hard work and optimism; and Jeff Bezos for his customer obsession, innovation, and long-term thinking.
The `women' in my life ­ my mom, wife, sister and my daughter.
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: Complete my PhD and teach.
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself Be able to savour the moment in its entirety without being distracted.
How I unwind: Listen to classic rock and Kishore Kumar songs; cross-fit and running; playing with my kids; strumming my guitar
My favourite book: Built to Last by Jim Collins;
My favourite song: Anything sung by Kishore Kumar
My favourite movie: Deewar (Hindi) and Rocky (English)
ETCD19JUN15


9.Gaurang Pandya, 38


President, India Operations, UTC
Previous Jobs: None. 16 years at UTC
Claim to fame: Leading the Carrier Guam business at the age of 28
Best advice anybody gave me: “Take a flyer“ or take risks on people you see potential in, you will be surprised on their achievements and they will be the highlight of your tenure
Success to me is: Leaving a solid legacy and being able to move to the next role by making myself redundant
My favourite people: My parents, my wife and our kids
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: A sportsperson
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Spend more time with family and friends
How I unwind: A round of golf and driving my car
My favourite sport: Football
ETCD19JUN15


No comments: