Sunday, June 28, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL................. INDIA’S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER Nos.28 TO 30

INDIA’S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER  Nos.28 TO 30

28.Vijay Shekhar Sharma, 37


Chairman & Managing Director ­ PaytmOne97
Education: DCE (B.E., Electronics and Communications)
Previous Jobs: RiverRun Software and Intersolutions India
Claim to fame: Youngest engineer from Delhi University
Best advice anybody gave me: Mostly came from my investors
Success to me is: Creating a product that makes the lives of a billion people simpler
My favorite people: Jack Ma, Masa (Masayoshi Son), Steve Jobs, Rupert Murdoch and Sunil Mittal. All of them were underdogs who ended up creating business empires even when they were written off at different points in time
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: To create incredible consumer tech products
How I unwind: Love high adrenaline activities. I regularly go rafting, have done bungee jumping and skydiving. Music helps me relax. I usually drive a BMW and listen to music. U2 and Coldplay are my favorite bands. I also like to listen to Cuban jazz and the blues. And I mostly go to sleep listening to western classical music
My favorite song: Where Streets Have No Name by U2

Kunal Shah, 36


Co-founder: Freecharge
Education: BA in Philosophy, MBA drop out.
Previous Jobs: Infinix, PaisaBack
Claim to fame: FreeCharge sold to SnapDeal in the largest exit in India in the ecommerce space
Best piece of advice anybody gave me: My philosophy professor said true joy lies in creating things, happiness is a disorder
My favourite people: Socrates, G.B. Shaw, Steve Jobs
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: To not have to work for money by age 35
What I want to be when I'm 50: A guy who played a big role in creation of truly digital India.

30.Radhika Piramal, 37


Managing Director, VIP Industries
Education: University of Oxford, Harvard Business School
Previous Jobs: Bain & Co.
Claim to fame: Diversified from luggage to lifestyle by launching Caprese handbags
My favourite people: Roger Federer
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old : MD of VIP Industries
What I want to be when I'm 50 : MD of VIP Industries, which will get 23 of revenues from lifestyle brands by the time I'm 50.
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Be more patient.
My favourite movie: If Lord of the Rings Trilogy is on, I can't turn it off.

ETCD19JUN15

No comments: