Wednesday, June 24, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL.................. INDIA'S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER No.s16 TO 18

INDIA'S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER No.s16 TO 18

16.Prashant Sarin, 38


Partner, Bain & Company
Education: M. Litt, Oxford University (Rhodes Scholar), PGDM, IIM Calcutta, B.Engg, Delhi College of Engineering
Previous Jobs: HP Labs
Claim to fame: First MBA student from India to receive the Rhodes Scholarship
Best advice anybody gave me: Seek significance rather than success, in your personal and professional life, former managing partner at Bain
How I unwind: Spending time with my family, I love the joy of simple routines with my children and reliving my own childhood through parenting
Success to me is: A successful life is an interesting one ­ which requires a balanced, highly diversi fied portfolio of people, interests and activities
ETCD19JUN15


17.Siddharth Adya, 40


Position: Vice President, Regional Lead South Asia, APL Logistics
Education: Delhi University (BA, Economics), Asian Institute of Management, Manila (MBA)
Previous Jobs: Various roles within the NOL Group (APL Line and APL Logistics)
Claim to fame: Moved the business away from just traditional logistics operations to a more solutions driven model, focused on value creation for the customer
Best advice anybody gave me: No person or job is big or small. It is our thinking and approach that makes the difference
Success to me is: Knowing that my achievements create positive value, help me provide for my family and contribute to a better life for people around me
My favourite people: My grandfather taught me the meaning of greatness and how it has nothing to do with the material things in life
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: I wanted to join the army
ETCD19JUN15


18.Nitin Prasad, 38


Managing Director, Shell Lubricants India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
Education: INSEAD (MBA), Georgia Institute of Technology (BSEE)
Previous Jobs: Altera (USA)
Claim to fame: Turnaround of under performing businesses
Best advice anybody gave me: Never stop learning!
Success to me is: To be remembered as a leader who made a real difference in people's careers and lives
My favorite people: Both my grandfathers who showed me how to be a leader who can recognize and unleash the potential in others
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: At 20, I was working in Silicon Valley and passionate about innovation & technology, about creating something that would last. And that hasn't changed!
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: To be more artistic and multi-lingual
How I unwind: It is a combination of sports football, diving, skiing, sailing, golf; and exploring the world with my wife, trying great food and drinking good wine.
My favorite sport: I love skiing, diving and sailing.
My favourite music: I love jazz

ETCD19JUN15

No comments: