Monday, June 22, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL......................... INDIAS HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER NoS.10 TO 12

INDIAS HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER NoS.10 TO 12

10. Saikiran Krishnamurthy, 39


COO Commerce Platform, Flipkart
Education: BE, MBA
Previous Jobs: McKinsey & Company
Claim to fame: Helped build McKinsey's implementation team across Asia
Best advice anybody gave me: “Decide to be happy. Attitude makes all the difference,“ from my wife, Hema
Success to me is: Having a good day that leaves you smiling. Then another one after that.
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: Older and wiser
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Be a bit less driven by adrenalin and take a deep breath when things get tough.
How I unwind: Swimming, music (singing and listening)
My favourite book: Yes Minister
My favourite movie: Dead Poets' Society
My favourite song: Jeevan se bhari
My favourite sport: Cricket (is there another?)
ETCD19JUN15


11.Nitin Kukreja, 38


President and Head of sports, STAR India
Education: Values from parents, commerce from SRCC, thinking from IIM-A, business and management from my boss and now patience from my kids.
Previous Jobs: 3 days as a shirt salesman; 4 years in PwC, an articled clerk and then a qualified Chartered Accountant; 3 years in Morgan Stanley
Claim to fame: Being a quiet part of a very visible revolution in Indian sports that's happening from cricket and kabaddi to football
Best advice anybody gave me: Never mix strategy with execution ­ and he who said it knows who it is!
Success to me is: A kabaddi mat in every school in India ­ and kids lining up to play.
My favourite people: Calvin ­ not the theologian but the one who is friends with Hobbes.
Simple philosophies on life through the lens of a kid
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Would like to spend more time on relationships ­ personal and professional
How I unwind: It used to be a sports channel ­ but now that's work! So it's a mindless Arnold Schwarzenegger action film, a video game or a comic
My favourite book, movie, song My iPhone -isn't it all of the above?
ETCD19JUN15


12.Kedar Lele, 39


Vice President ­ Modern Trade, e-Commerce & Institutional Business, Hindustan Unilver
Education: ISB Hyderabad (MBA); Mudra Institute of Communications (PGDPC), The Bhopal School of Social Sciences (BComm)
Previous Jobs: Monster.com India; BPL Innovision Business Group; D.D.B. Mudra Communications
Claim to fame: Took over the smallest branch of HUL in Eastern region and made it the fastest growing in the three year period of 2010 to 2014, crossing a turnover of over 5,000 Cr
Success to me is: Being able to make a real difference
My favorite people: Harish Manwani and Amitabh Bachchan for reinventing himself again & again
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: I wanted to be a District Magistrate (DM) who would en sure law & order, drive development of the area and en courage the society at large to practice social discipline and inculcate civic sense
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: My inability to say No. I just don't get down to saying that I have had enough for a day. The innate desire to do many diverse things puts tremendous pressure on my time and that leads to my spending little time with my family & children.

How I unwind: A round of Golf, a weekend movie with my wife Shweta and a trip to the club with my two sons.;
My favourite movie: Everything Amitabh Bachchan
My favourite song: Tum saath ho jab apne, duniya ko dikha denge...
ETCD19JUN15

No comments: