Saturday, June 20, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL INDIAS HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER................... 4TO 6

INDIA'S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER  4TO 6

4. Rakshit Desai, 39


Managing Director, FCm Travel Solutions and Flight Shop
Education: London School of Economics(Msc), Griffith University (MBA), Sydenham College (B.Com)
Previous Jobs: Thomas Cook, Roland Berger
Claim to fame: Transformation (turnarounds and scale-ups) of multiple businesses in the UK, Canada and India
Best advice anybody gave me: As I was flying the coop, my granddad said “remember, there is dignity in labour“
My favourite people: The Wright brothers, Sir Edmund Hillary, Sir David Attenborough, my mum and granny
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: Footloose and fancy free! I hadn't the foggiest idea. Still waiting for some of that fog to lift
What do I want to be when I'm 50: A good father, son, husband, brother, friend and colleague.
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Get fit again
How I unwind: Long walks on the beach with my wife Khyati
My favourite book: The Fountainhead
Favourite Song: Pink Floyd's Brick in the wall
ETCD19JUN15


5.Ashish Iyer, 40


Global Leader, Strategy Practice, The Boston Consulting Group
Education: BSc and MSc, The London School of Economics and Political Science
Previous Jobs: Accenture, AF Ferguson
Claim to fame: Leading strategy for the world's leading advisory firm
Best advice anybody gave me: One of my college professors told me “Mr. Iyer, you do not enjoy this course. If it is not making you happy, it's time to move on to something different. That may be the most important thing I have to teach you“
How I unwind: Cooking, Reading
Success to me is: One of my favourite quotes from history is “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts“
My favourite people: My parents. They gave their everything to make me what I am today
What did I want to be when I was 20 years old: Professional snooker player
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself Find more time for friends and family
My favourite movie: The Shawshank Redemption
ETCD19JUN15

 6.Deepak Dhar, 40


MD and CEO, Endemol India
Education: Electronics Engineering
Previous Jobs: MTV, Star TV
Claim to fame: Introducing disruptive and differentiated content to Indian television
Best advice anybody gave me: It's not about auditions, it's about emotions, Sameer Nair, and Rajesh Kamat's lessons on the business of entertainment.
Success to me is: I think my favourite quote sums it rather well: `The elevator to success is out of order. You will have to use the staircase. One step at a time.'
My favourite people: Amitabh Bachchan ­ he's a powerhouse of talent and an amazing human being, he's the only person I have ever been star struck to meet
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: Cricketer ­ I was really into the sport and have played cricket at the state level
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself Taking some time out to explore the places that I visit on business trips
How I unwind: Listen to music and watch movies and play a lot of racquet sports
My favourite book Start­up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle by Dan Senor
My favourite sport Cricket
My favourite movie The Godfather
My favourite song Winds of Change by Scorpions
ETCD19JUN15


No comments: