Thursday, October 30, 2014

PERSONAL SPECIAL....................... My first year at work: Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-founder and CEO (Olacabs)

My first year at work: Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-founder and CEO (Olacabs)


The brief I was given and what I did in the first 100 days at work.

I was part of the Microsoft research team. After a basic introduction to MSR and what they do, I was asked to identify a problem statement I would like to solve. I then went about figuring out how to do it.

The best leadership lesson I learnt

I Learnt early that always being analytical is important for a business. Being analytical as an attitude is more important than just having the aptitude.
How I managed my work-life balance

That wasn't too much of a focus area then since it was my first job. Learning was priority and that is all I focused on. 

My biggest innovation
I was part a project that helped optimise battery life on mobile phones. This was very exciting, since battery life was key to smartphones. It was implemented in the new version of the Windows mobile phone in 2010. 
The worst mistake I made
Nothing I can think of. 
The best friend I made on the job
My manager, who is also an angel investor at Ola. 
How I had fun at work

I got to travel a lot and meet amazing people. That was a lot of fun.


By Sreeradha D Basu, ET 23 Oct, 2014

No comments: